Title: Social Media Associate
About Ohio Voice
Ohio Voice is the “C3 table” that works to increase the collective impact of under-represented communities, focusing on the New American Majority (people of color, single women, and young people). The table includes a wide range of 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan partners working on many progressive issues, recognizing they are stronger together. Our core work is on increasing civic engagement (policy advocacy, movement building, and voter registration, education, and turnout) through convening, coordinating, and supporting our partners’ programs through capacity building and fundraising support. Ohio Voice is an affiliate of State Voices, a national network.
About the Position
The social media associate will work with our Data & Digital Director, our Budget & Tax Policy Director, and our Digital Engagement Manager to build and tell the story of Ohio Voice, including brands under the OV umbrella: The People’s Mansion (the nonprofit hub for events and training), One Ohio Now (a coalition on budget and tax policy), the Ohio Voter Rights Coalition (a coalition on voting rights and election administration), and more.
Note: relevant volunteer / grassroots / short-term experience is acceptable – share it!
- Proven commitment to and passion for justice
- A track record of working with underrepresented communities strongly preferred, particularly in BIPOC communities, with demonstrable cultural competency
- Some experience working with a public-facing, brand-driven social media presence.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be comfortable working with colleagues remotely – we maintain office space in Columbus, but are often on the move!
- Quality writing will be very important
- Content calendar management and basic graphic design experience preferred
- Maintain an awareness of political and media trends relevant to our brands
- Generate both topical and evergreen content that promotes audience interaction and increases trust and long-term engagement
- Develop and maintain a coherent, distinct voice for each brand
- Drive inbound social media engagement
- Plan and execute social media advertising campaigns in collaboration with team
- Use data and analytics to inform decision making and overall strategy choices
- Basic Ohio Voice website upkeep and management, as well as similar administration of other brands’ sites
Ohio Voice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Starting salary for this position is $36-45,000 annually, based on qualifications and experience, plus generous benefits. This position is classified as full-time exempt.
Ohio Voice is based in Columbus, but telecommuting or other arrangements could be made for anyone in Ohio.
How to Apply
Send an email to Katie LeBlanc at [email protected] with “Social Media Associate Applicant ” in the subject line. Include a resume, cover letter and writing sample (press release, link to sample content calendar, brand design) demonstrating your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in this position, specifically addressing your interest in the intersection of digital work and justice work and outlining your particular qualifications. Applications without a cover letter or work sample addressing these topics will not be considered or responded to.
Deadline for submissions: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.